Saturday, June 30, 2018

Mhirt Meetup

Oí! It is week four in Brazil and it has been an absolute blast! It is only fair to give some updates on these past weeks.
About a week in I tried CrossFit for the first time! It was definitely an experience!  As a division 1 volleyball player I thought I was going to be able to handle it just fine but man was I mistaken! Needless to say I was extremely sore for 5 days straight! A soreness so strong I had never felt it that intense before, but regardless of that I got the membership. Wish me better luck the second time around!
In the lab we have officially began the experiment! It’s an exciting time because I have learned a lot about the study as well as how to work with the rats. At first it was scary because I was afraid of getting bitten but the rats are extremely docile so, I’m a pro at this point. This week approaching the lab is expecting a student from Slovenia!! So this will add another great dynamic to the lab!
This past weekend was a huge one. All of the MHIRT students in Brazil took a trip to Foz do Iguaçu. It was so exciting to be able to see everyone at once and share such great memories. The three daredevils of the group Theresa, Laura, and myself only thought it was fitting to Skydive over the border of Uruguay and Brazil. If you haven’t gone skydiving we all highly recommend it. It was an amazing experience and such an adrenaline rush! The following day all of us visited the national park on the Argentinian side of the waterfall. Seeing the falls was absolutely breathtaking! Words cannot do it justice! The best part had to be the boat ride to “devil’s throat”.

This weekend has showed me just how great brasileiros are. We met a man by the name of Tiago who decided to show us around Argentina and suggested many things to do in the area. He alone made this weekend so much more fun because of his knowledge of the area and his willingness to help us with any and everything. This has been something I have seen in many people I've met in Brazil. So from all of us thank you Tiago!!!

I had such a great time this weekend and I can’t wait for everyone to meet up again. Stay tuned for more adventures! Tchau tchau !


No comments:

Post a Comment