Friday, June 22, 2018

Celebration and Appreciation

This is a photo from Louis' Festa Junina. As you can see, the food was great and it complemented the atmosphere of friendship and celebration. During the party, we participated in a traditional Festa Junina dance that proved to be quite the workout, but also gave us an excuse to eat more food (wink wink).

Laura is helping develop the aspects of a new color vision test. In this photo, she is testing out fonts for the opening screen. I have also learned some new things about color vision mostly because I ask Laura a lot of questions while I'm waiting for my PCRs to finish.


This room in the lab is what I consider my second home. It has the thermocycler, as well as, the gel electrophoresis machine. Over the past few weeks, I have been running PCRs on the cDNA of five different frog species which means a lot of waiting and praying for good results.


Just an appreciation post to Laura and Jamila!! Throughout the past few weeks together, we have brought each other to new levels of adventure, organization, and stepping out of our food comfort zone. I'm so thankful to have these ladies with me on this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment