Saturday, June 16, 2018

Brasilian family, food, and COFFEE


These past two weeks in São Paulo have been pretty relaxing! All our lab mentors have been extremely welcoming and attentive to our needs. I’m reminded often of my family and Colombian culture every time I greet someone with a kiss on the cheek or help translate Portuguese to English by using my Spanish. My mom would be proud of the amount of black coffee I’ve been drinking! Speaking of food…I’m a fan! This past weekend my roommates and I found a Festia Junina and had traditional Brazilian food and enjoyed the music. The next day we did something touristy (when in a different country, amirite?) and went to Beco do Batman to admire the urban art. Although the entire city is covered with amazing graffiti! Today is Saturday and I’m looking forward to hanging out with my lab peers again!

My second favorite activity (the first is food lol) has been interacting with my lab peers. I’m working with Leo and Marcelo, who have been coding and developing a new color vision test to use on children. Leo has a great sense of humor and we get along really well, thank God because I basically spend all day with him. In the lab, I’ve mostly been working with Photoshop to design the new color vision test logo. My favorite part of the day in lab is the multiple coffee breaks we take together to all talk, and lately—to watch the FIFA World Cup!

Here’s a few pictures from the past two weeks!


TRYING FEIJOADA WITH MY ROOMIES--> TRADITIONAL BRASILIAN DISH WITH RICE, BEANS, AND PORK :)

THEN WE WENT TO BECO DO BATMAN FOR PICS. OBVIOUSLY WE HAD TO TAKE ONE WITH THE EYE BECAUSE OUR LAB WORKS WITH VISION :)


LAB PICS! JAMILA WORKS WITH RABBITS WHILE I WORK MORE ON COMPUTER STUFF. BELOW IS A PICTURE OF LEO AND MAJUÚ (2 OF MY FAVS IN THE LAB HEHE)








No comments:

Post a Comment