Saturday, July 27, 2019

Obrigada, Sao Paulo!

Here’s a little life update:

We have wrapped up most of our lab work and spent the last week preparing for our presentations to our lab members. It was very nerve-wracking getting everything together, but everyone did a great job! Dr. Dora and all of our mentors were proud of our work, and it is amazing to think back to how far we have come. 


Attached is a photo of me before my presentation. I talked about how the distribution and density of cells in snakes’ retinas have changed over time based on their unique environments. 

We now have less than 2 weeks left in Sao Paulo, and I have so much I’m going to miss. I will miss my daily cappuccinos from the sweet lady outside the lab. I will miss working with Ju and our lunch breaks to USP’s cafeteria. I will miss my and G’s coffee breaks to the candy truck. I will miss our weekend adventures with a never ending list of things to explore. I will miss this childlike curiosity for everything I see and do while here in Brazil.

However, while I have so much that I am going to miss; these are all memories that I have so much to be thankful for. Thank you, MHIRT, for this once in a lifetime opportunity, and thank you to all my amazing lab members for welcoming us into your country! I have learned so much in lab, but- even more importantly- I have learned so much about a new culture of people. Obrigada, Sao Paulo!

No comments:

Post a Comment