Saturday, July 27, 2019

Cooking the PCR


Cooking the PCR


Welp. We are running out of time. It seems the weeks keep going by faster and faster with each day, and, yet, there is still so much to do, to learn, to experience. I am just now realizing in a few weeks we will be home, and that makes me want to spend more days playing soccer with Leo and Diego (our mentors), more days finding new cappuccino stores on the USP campus, and more days at Caju Verde, our weekly restaurant after lab. I know I'm going to miss every second, but I am going to miss the people the most. 



Yet, the memories we have made so far don't disappoint. Starting with this beautiful view we had at Pão de Acúcar (Sugarloaf Mountain) on our escape to Rio de Janeiro. 

Fun fact: the wonderful woman who took this picture for us below was literally lying on the ground to take this photo. If you ever go,

Our AMAZING mentors invited us out to a "bonfire" one night at one of their friends' houses who used to work at the university. We spent the night eating and drinking amazing Brazilian food and drinks as well as meeting lovely new people who were beyond gracious enough to have us in their home.


To cap it all off, yesterday, we had to present the research we have done so far to our entire lab.. While it wasn't supposed to be stressful, I think we all were on edge. At first I was very nervous, like I am to get during normal classroom presentations; however, after I started speaking, I quickly realized I was surrounded by my newly found family (and they are all located below). Whether we are "cooking the PCR", schooling them in soccer (yes Sophiana, G, and I won 4-3 against our Leo, Diego, and Christina), or telling them our crazy adventure stories, I think they are going to miss us too. 

 Furthermore, shoutout to Dr. Diego Decleva for earning his doctorate in Neuroscience! 


Also, let it be known that they invited us back to Sao Paulo despite how crazy we are! No matter what, the story continues..






No comments:

Post a Comment