Sunday, July 29, 2018

The CaxinGirls: 2 Weeks Left

My room mates and I, The CaxinGirls, have grown very close over the summer and in 2 weeks I'll have to leave them, and Sao Paulo. These are pictures of all the things we love, the things I'll miss doing with them the most.

This is an image of me at one of the largest fairs in Sao Paulo: Embu Das Artes. This is a place that many people come to every weekend. Jewelry, art, clothing, and even plants are all sold here, but don't forget about the food! Shortly after this picture was taken, the other CaxinGirls and I purchased some awesome dip for chips!


 One of the latest images of the CaxinGirls, taking on MASP. MASP is one of the more famous museums of Sao Paulo. The girls and I were able to talk to one of the graduates of the University of São Paulo while in line, and she told us that the Museum frequently changed its art pieces. Here I learned more about the culture of darker skinned Brasilians... As we can see here, Laura is pinching Clorissa's head.. but what am I pinching??


Here's a picture of the girls and some of our lab friends! Because our lab specializes in retinal functionality, these guys are retinal experts, each in his own way. Vitor (left) and Luiz (right) were leading the way to our sushi dinner where we would soon meet the rest of the lab! 


 This is our most frequented restaurant. I used that word because this is how I feel I can best describe the feel of the atmosphere. Yes, the ground is dirt and the building is a tent, but these guys have some of the best pasteis in town! The girls and I come to this fair across from our house every weeked to try new fruits, buy new shirts, and especially marinate in the yummy goodness that is a hot pastel. I love the bustling-restaurant-feel here, but I love the people more!


CHURROS!!! The girls and I absolutely love to sit back and enjoy a good churro. Our favorite place to eat one of these tasty treats is a food truck called CandyCrush. The woman that owns the truck parks at Vila Butantã every weekend and we've seen her ever since we found it. Our current record for buying churros is 4 weekends in a row! I think Clorissa plans to start honing her churro skills after she returns home! Stay tuned for the reunion of the CaxinGirls next season!

No comments:

Post a Comment