Thursday, July 5, 2018

It's been a month already..!!!???

Saludos from The Dominican Republic! Man, time really flies when you're having fun, I cannot believe it has been a month already!

So far interviews have been going well at the clinic and my Spanish has been improving drastically. Initially this was a struggle for me, but I did not give up. Days at the clinic varies, some days we have patients who are upbeat and optimistic about their HIV treatment and medications, then other days we have people who are in denial and upset about their status. I've found myself consulting patients and offering kind words and insight on their situations. The joy I get in my heart when they get comfortable around me is indescribable. At times like that I feel like my purpose here in the DR is  being filled. To recap, we are studying stigma, barriers and facilitators that aid or prevent people from adhering to their HIV medication.


Below is a picture of my team. Pictured from left to right is Alain, Myself, Megan, Dr. Sanchez and Rachell.










So if you know me, you know I LOVE TO EAT. MY STOMACH IS MY BEST FRIEND hahaha! Being surrounded by all this good food in the DR has my diet all flipped and tumbled upside down and honeyyyyyyy I can't complain!!! Initially I was a bit scared to try some things but now I'm playing russian roulette with everything on the menu.






This is rice, and traditional Kidney Beans, well seasoned Dominican Chicken and Salad ( Arroz con lejioles, pollo y ensalada). Apparently this combo is referred to as the Dominican Flag.











And who doesn't have a sweet tooth, I know I'll have some explaining to do with my dentist later but for now...... Brownie la Moda





Soooooo this is completely random but this is my pride and joy, this ID took almost a week of back and forth to be made, It's my gold medal that I want to share with you all...please take a moment to bask in its ambiance.  :)



That's all folks......Until next time!!!!



Tengo un buen dia <3
-Brittnie















No comments:

Post a Comment