Friday, July 20, 2018

Making São Paulo My Home

Public transportation is my best friend, I will definitely miss this a lot in Memphis. People watching and feeling confident as I stand without even holding on the bars.

I have gone to the movies 3 times already because even though you're abroad you shouldn't lose sight of doing normal activities.

Brasil has converted me into a World Cup lover. Here I am with Rhodes friend, Ben, who is also completely an internship in SP. Despite our smiling faces, Brasil was eliminated by Belgium #rip

Here we have Heydi, a Cuban who has been living and working in the lab for 2 years now. It's a relief to speak my native language with her and take a break from translating Portuguese in my mind 24/7. We spent all Saturday together, starting off with a traditional Brasilian lunch of feijoada, then heading over to Sodie Doces for cake and coffee. I got brigadeiro flavor because it is the new love of my life. Then she took me to the hair salon to get a keratin treatment on my hair to make it extra soft and straight... Brasilians really know fashion and style! Finally we ended at a Colombian restaurant next to her house. I LOVED IT!

Showing the level of comfort that my roommates and I have achieved. 3 girls, 1 churro milkshake at our favorite place-- Vila Butantã.

No comments:

Post a Comment