Saturday, July 21, 2018

OH the places you’ll go and the people you'll meet!




My time in brazil is quickly winding down and looking back at my time here I realize all the great friends I have mistakenly made. That’s right, mistakenly made. Before a couple weeks ago it was just Brianne, Theresa and I, but about 2 weeks ago we had a visitor join my lab. This visitor’s name is Eva and she is a medical student from Slovenia. Eva is a part of a program that sends medical students from different countries around the world to study professional or research in a country of their choice for 1 month. Eva is amazing and she introduced my roomates and I to the other students in her program. After meeting and connecting with these other students I was naturally ecstatic because not only was I connecting with other wordly like minded people I was also meeting the future physicians of the WORLD. My new friends span from all across Europe as well as Mexico. I didn’t think that in a month’s time period you could get so close to people you just met, but these people that were once strangers to me are now people I have formed such great friendships with and shared amazing experiences with. I realize that this is such a bittersweet moment because I am creating such great bonds with all the students in this program as well as the people in my lab and I am soon leaving them to return to my life. Luckily we live in a world of full of technology so keeping up with them is just a text or facetime away. So let’s meet these new beautiful and amazing souls:



First introducing the lab group! In the front left we have Daniella an undergraduate student who works in my lab. Behind her is Victor another undergraduate student. Behind him is my favorite person ever Carol! She is the master’s student in the lab. Next to me is Carol’s friend Isabeli. Next to her is Charlotte (a medical student from Sweden) and next to her is Eva the medical student from Slovenia that works in my lab. This us before Brazil got knocked out of the world cup.

We love to eat so we decided to get donuts after lunch. Not our healthiest decision, but it was worth every bite. In the center of the picture we have Beatrice (a medical student from Spain).


To the left we have the beautiful Theresa, a very warm Eva, and Melissa (a medical student from Mexico).



In this picture we had reached the end of our hike. From the left front row we have Beatrice, Rolando (medical student from Mexico), Melissa, Diana (medical student from Russia), and  Brianne. The second row from left to right is me, Eva, Pancho (a medical student from Spain), Mariana ( a medical student from Brazil), and Julio (a medical student from Brazil). In the way back is Charlotte and Theresa.

This isn’t everybody, but this is a good portion of the people I have met and bonded with throughout this trip. Until next time! Tchau

No comments:

Post a Comment