Saturday, July 11, 2020

Half Way There

With week 4 of 8 of the MHIRT internship coming to an end, we are officially crossing the halfway mark of the program. Looking back at it now, it's amazing to see how many new things we've already learned and how many tasks we've already completed. Just a quick recap, so began the internship with a series of lectures relevant to global health and research methods. More recently, we completed tasks related to what we learned in the lecture. Collectively, we have finished a literature review and journal club and have also written an Introduction/Background section, evaluation questions, SMART objectives, the study description, a questionnaire, community-based participatory research (CBPR) approaches, and an ethical considerations statement. Basically, during the entire first half of the program, we set up the framework for conducting research. During the second half of the program, we will be collecting data, completing data analysis, and then writing final reports and conclusions.

It's crazy to think that the internship is already halfway done, though. The weeks are really flying by. I don't really know how to describe the way I feel right now: I don't want to stop researching and trying to help out, but I also am very very ready to finish the project and get some results out. Really, I don't want to stop learning about Global Health and finding ways to help communities in need.

Also, I'm still trying the DuoLingo challenge I made for myself. My goal of 500 crowns may be a bit difficult to reach, but I'm still going to try! I also really like how there's those cracked levels telling me that I mastered the topic in the past but still need to brush up on it. Below is a picture of my progress. And finally, I think I'm going to hop on the trend and attempt to cook a vegetarian Nicaraguan dish. Let's see how it goes...




No comments:

Post a Comment