Saturday, July 4, 2020

La semana del Día de Independencia.

Another week completed! Time seems to be flying by in this program, but we are slowly progressing towards our goal. After searching the literature for hours, we have completed our annotated bibliography and have worked on the research proposal, completing the first draft of the introduction and objectives. I am excited to see what we will be able to accomplish by the end of the summer. I am equally interested to see the results of the survey that we will administering soon in order to better understand the perspective and interests of the community health workers.

 

In other news, the U.S. is still continuing to fall behind all of the other developed nations in the world in regard to combatting the SARS-CoV-2 outbreak. It is saddening to see, but Americans tend to have a special type of opinion when it comes to efforts that concern people other than themselves. For this reason, the future course of this virus in this country in questionable. However, I am hoping that at least one of the vaccines that are currently in clinical trials will be effective and safe. 

 

Personally, I have been spending a lot of this quarantine trying to learn another language when not working on our MHIRT program. I chose to start learning Italian because it is another Romance language, and it has many phonetic and phonologic similarities to Spanish. Southern Italy is one of the options available for a rotation during my fourth year of medical school, and if I learn to be conversational in the language, I can apply to go there. 

 

Overall, this experience with the MHIRT program and AMOS has been great so far, and I am learning a lot about the processes required to start a research project. Previously, I have done research, but I have only ever worked on projects that were beyond the proposal portion. 


Until next time.

 

Que todos tengan un buen Día de Independencia y que hagan algo para disfrutarles. 


Valle San Giovanni, Italy: What to pack, what to wear, and when to ...

Tarjetas para fechas especiales de Estados Unidos, postales para ...

No comments:

Post a Comment