Saturday, August 11, 2018

Thanks MHIRT

Hi! I'm currently sitting at the Buenos Aires airport after being fortunate enough to spend one week here with my SP roomie, Jamila! This is the beginning of the end of a very interesting summer-- thank you MHIRT for this experience! But it's not truly an ending because I found out that I get to continue working on a science paper to get published with my mentors in SP and go present in ARVO 2019! Yay to more adventures!! I can't believe how many doors SP has opened for me... surprisingly I miss Brasil a lot! After spending a week in Argentina, I found myself constantly wishing for coxinhas, sucos at restaurants instead of soda, and for coffee at the end of every meal. Ah, good ol' black coffee :) 

In Buenos Aires I got the opportunity to attend a ballet, a cooking class, and a tango class. At the cooking class (through Airbnb experiences 10/10 would recommend), Jamila and I, along with 3 other American girls and a guy from New Zealand, met up at local house's for empanadas cooking class and a typical Argentine night of talking, eating, and drinking wine. The conversations were really great and it showed me something that I have been learning this entire summer, which is-- no matter where you are in the world, we're not really that different from each other! Argentina has it's issues, just like America and just like Brasil and just like any other country, none is perfect. But what's so great is that there are people that travel and learn about other cultures and want to engage in conversation and try to make the entire world a better place. This is why MHIRT is important.


No comments:

Post a Comment