Saturday, August 4, 2018

Some fond memories

This is a photo of me in the apartment in Curitiba. I was getting ready to go watch a World Cup soccer game on a screen in the soccer stadium in Curitiba. I was incredibly excited when I took this photo, probably due to the fact that I did not know Brazil would be out of the tournament after this game.



During my last few weeks in Brazil, I went to various art galleries in different cities. This "gallery" was by far my favorite. In Batman's alley, they encourage graffiti artists to come and display their craft. These two photos were both taken there. It is a beautiful alleyway with hardly an empty spot on the wall. A popular spot for tourists in São Paulo, and according to a friend of mine, even more popular for wedding photos.



 The photo to the right is me and my closest Brazilian friend, Ester, visiting the town of Porto Alegre. I met her two years ago in Rio. The last time I saw her was in Atlanta one year ago before she went to Nicaragua on a mission trip. She lived in Nicaragua but had to go to Costa Rica because of political unrest. I was incredibly excited that I caught her during her brief stay in Brazil before she left on her next adventure to Uruguay. She is a funny and kind-hearted person and we always have a great time together!



Last but not least, one of the photos most near and dear to my heart. This is the heater that I borrowed from someone that I worked with. Our apartment did not have any heat, and there were a few nights where it got down into the upper 30's. It was a very cheap heater, but it got the job done. Remembering the orange glow makes me feel warm inside even now. I wish that I could tell it how much it means to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment