Saturday, August 4, 2018

All Great Things Must Come to an End


My time in Brazil is quickly coming to an end and I’m soon to be thrown out of my fairytale life in Brazil and thrown back into reality. I approach this moment with a mix of excitement and anxiety, but I also approach with confidence as well. I had no expectations of entering my time in Brazil, but what I’ve been left with is so much more than I could’ve asked for. When I arrived in June I was just happy to be in Brazil and gaining valuable experience, but as time went on I was I surprised at every turn. This program leaves me with confidence when I return because I have gained so many valuable lessons that I can take back and apply to my life back at home. MHIRT and Brazil surpassed any expectations I could’ve ever had. Throughout my time here I did not expect to meet as many great people as I did and to get as close to them as I did, but for that, I am extremely grateful. I did not expect to face so many challenges every day, small and big, and to overcome each one, but for that, I am extremely grateful. Last I did not expect to learn so much about myself as a person and grow so much while I was here, but for that, I am the most grateful. It is so cliche to say that this program changed my life, but at this moment I think cliche is the way to go. This program has changed my life for the better and taught me valuable lessons that I would not have been able to learn unless I experienced them the way I did in this program. For that, I dedicate this blog post to everyone who made this possible. For everyone who believed in me, helped me to get this point, and who continue to push me to be better in all aspects of my life, Thank you. Without all the people behind the scenes, none of these opportunities would have been possibilities. So thank you, thank you, thank you, and until next time Brazil. Tchau!!


This is a piece of art from the Oscar Neymeyer Museum in Curitiba and I have not rights to this artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment