Saturday, June 22, 2019

Beauty in Floripa

This is part of a mural that I pass every day from our house in Corrego Grande to my lab at UFSC. It is completely made of graffiti and is a really nice piece of Azorean culture that reminds me that although I'm in a different country, there are some parts of the human experience that are the same across cultures.

This was taken the second time we went to the beautiful Joaquina beach on the east side of the island. We climbed on some large rocks on the side of the beach to get this great view of the sunset. The beach is always a beautiful way to pass the time here.

Here is another photo of Joaquina Beach but from the shore. The water is extremely clear and even though it is technically winter here, you'll find surfers riding waves on any given day. If I were more adventurous (and could tolerate cold water) I might have tried to learn how to surf! Maybe in the next life :)



No comments:

Post a Comment