Thursday, June 13, 2013

Greetings from Florianopolis!

I have been granted the amazing opportunity to learn far more than I can ever imagine, and this opportunity is further enhanced because this experience takes place in the beautiful state of Santa Catarina!
This is the beautiful view of Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina (in the far distance) that I enjoy every morning, during my commute to the lab. The campus is huge!
This sign provides a warm welcome to all students and visitors of the University. It also serves as my reference point, Banco do Brasil (Bank of Brasil) to the left, and Dr. Cilene Lino-de-Oliveira's lab straight ahead!!
Dr. Lino-de-Oliveira's lab has such a warm and amazing atmosphere. It is a place that I immediately felt comfortable working in.

I am currently fulfilling my first task: create a proposal for Dr. Lino-de-Oliveira. This proposal will serve as one of many ways for us to collaborate effectively.
Florianopolis is far more beautiful than pictures can express! Hopefully, this picture can portray a portion of the beauty that this place has to offer.

I am enjoying my experience in Brazil! From my new friends in the lab to my outstanding teammates (Adam Goodson, Britney Lumbard, and Tim Oneal), this experience is already sketched into my memory. I am forever grateful for this opportunity and I am excited about the changes and impact that it will have upon my life.

1 comment:

  1. Esta é uma excelente equipe médica se unir. Eu espero que você é capaz de completar esta missão. Eu sempre verificar o seu blog e visitar. conversacao ingles florianopolis Nossa escola oferece diversos tipos de cursos, regulares e intensivos, para adultos e adolescentes. Preparatório IELTS e Cambridge, aulas particulares, conversação, método eficiente.

    ReplyDelete