Sunday, June 16, 2013

Bom Dia!
Greetings from the wonderful city of Sao Paulo Brazil!


 
This is the view from the balcony of my pousada (hotel). After a week I still haven't gotten tired of it This is truly a beautiful city.
 Here we have myself along with my new friend Victor. He is a 19yr old University of Sao Paulo student who has been working with my mentor for about 3 months. He was showing me the proper cleaning and safety procedures of lab. He speaks as much English as I speak Portuguese but we still communicate pretty well.

Here we have the brilliant Brazilian scientist ,my mentor, Christina Joselevitch! She was teaching me the proper way to dissect and prepare live retinas for cell examination and dye filling. She is strict, hard working, and is very passionate about her work. This past week has been tedious but I am happy and proud to call her my mentor!

1 comment: