Saturday, June 17, 2017

Las primeras aventuras en Nicaragua

Hello everybody!

Let me start of by saying that Nicaragua is B.E.A.T.I.F.U.L! I fell in love as soon as the airplane started flying over Managua. The scenery made me excited to explore and know more about this country. There is so much to know about the culture that even a three hour class of Nicaragua's history was not enough. Besides Nicaragua's history, all this week we have been taught all of AMOS values with the community and how we can improve health for every member of the communities. With only one week, I have learned so much that I can't wait to apply this skills next week in the rural communities. Lastly, after a long week of learning, we decided to take a bus to Leon to explore more of Nicaragua by going volcano boarding over volcano Cerro Negro! It was an amazing 45 minute hike that was so worth it at the end because we ended up at one of the most aesthetic views I have ever seen. We got dirty and sweaty but I would have done it again if that hike wouldn't have been so much of a workout! Overall, this week has been amazing and I can't wait to see what Nicaragua and the Campo has in store for us. Hasta pronto!
On top of the volcano in Leon, Nicaragua

Before volcano boarding

Cerro Negro

Behind the truck on our way to the volcano

No comments:

Post a Comment