Monday, June 5, 2017

      After sustaining straight line winds known as "Storm 901" the third worst power outage in
Memphis history, I am finally back on the internet and catching up with all I have left to do in three days.  For those of you that don't know 200,000 people were without power beginning May 27 and 500 trees are no longer with us.  That number of people is down to 4,000.  It has been hot, muggy and humid but nothing like "hurricane Elvis" of 2005.  I have been pleased to see that everyone has made it safely to their destinations and started on their summer journey.  I have one too but different from yours.  While I have traveled a lot it is almost always linked with business of some kind rarely for pure pleasure.  Beginning this Thursday, I will embark on a European adventure with my BFF.  Hubby is cat sitting and working.  Friday morning I begin in Barcelona, I am anxious to see how it has changed from 2006 which was the last time I explored the city (I was their briefly in 2013 for lunch!).  So a different adventure awaits me.  My BFF is a great traveling companion and more importantly she is the planner!  When we went to China, she planned everything (this too was a meeting ISER).  So I am anxious to see what she has planned. 
Ready for our adventure!

1 comment:

  1. Dr. Fitz, you have an amazing friend!!!! Anyone who plans amazes me! haha

    ReplyDelete