Friday, July 10, 2015

Love and Happiness



I have less than one month left in Belem! Wow, the time spent here has flown by so quickly! Although I am eager to return to the states to see my family and loved ones, I will truly miss my second family here in Belem. 

My neighbors, Isabella and her mother Alma aka my second family have shown nothing but kindness and genoristy towards my roommate Natalie and I. The transition from living in the United States where I was very familiar with my surroundings to a new continent was not easy but Isabella and Alma have truly been a blessing from God. They welcomed us with open arms and hearts. Isabella speaks English while her mother speaks Portuguese. Although I can´t have a fullconversation with Alma because of my limited Portuguese language skills , she still asks Natalie and I if we need anything. She has invited us over for lunch and dinner on numerous occasions and cooked us some amazing Brazilian dishes like beef over rice (my favorite), baked chicken with mashed potatoes and a muito delicious cake that I can´t get enough of!  She has also washed and dried our clothes because we don´t have a washer and dryer.  While talking to Isabella, they said that they went through a hard time in the past and the kindness of another person helped them to get back on their feet. Because of this, they always demonstrate compassion for others . Their tremendous hospitality has encouraged me to do the same for other people. 



Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you- Ephesians 4:32




                                                                                                     Alma 


On the Fourth, Natalie , Isabella and I went to the local zoo! Isabella isn´t featured in these photos because she´s camera shy but we all had a great time looking at the animals.  The zoo is called Parque Zoobaticano do Museu Paranese Emilio Goeldi. 

Iguana 
The monkeys enertained the crowd with their antics

Beautiful lily pad pond view

Natalie and I striking a pose. Look at that background, just gorgeous!



Thanks for viewing! Spread love and kindness <3

No comments:

Post a Comment