Sunday, July 26, 2015

Last week in Ishaka... how time flies

It is insane that we only have about a week left before heading home. It is certainly bittersweet to leave my beloved Uganda. I will surely miss everyone’s hospitality and the valuable friendships I have built with people here.


I have to start with a picture from our trip to Rwanda. I can’t express how much I have fallen in love with Kigali. While we only spent a weekend, I will truly cherish my time there.  This picture was taken at an Art Festival ar the Genocide Museum in Kigali.


Thursday July 23rd was our last day of field day. We had our last meal at the little restaurant in Akashanda with our wonderful team.


These are the wonderful women of Chanti we had the pleasure meeting and having a focus group with. I couldn’t have imagined all of our first focus group to have gone any better. It was really the perfect way to end our data collection period.


After our focus group, the wonderful Village Health Team Leader invited us into her home and had more fruit that we can ever consume. This is also the first time I tried a jack fruit. Lets just say it is REALLY sweet.



This is my team and our wonderful translators Susan, Sam and Elisa who have made my summer pretty amazing. I am truly thankful for each and ever one of them. 



- Eyerusalem 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment