Saturday, July 18, 2015

Life Through Experience

Hi! I hope this post finds you well. Itzel and I have been on so many adventures since my last post a few weeks ago. Through our experiences, we have learned important lessons on the necessity of relying on one another and teamwork. I can truly say that the adventures we've been having will be moments in our lives that we look back to for inspiration, guidance, hope, and for proof of our strength of character. I also would like to thank the MHIRT program for selecting outstanding applicants such as Itzel because she has been integral in my own personal growth. *shoutout to an awesome partner*. Here are a few photos from SOME of our adventures, check us out!
Did you know that certain parts of Trinidad are experiencing a seaweed problem? Some say the seaweed is a byproduct of the mass amounts of deforestation tearing down the amazon rain forest. Pictured is a beach in Mayaro, Trinidad.
Excuse our faces but we were stoked to go snorkeling for our first time! It was awesome until I saw the eel, but that's a different story.


Pictured here are some Hindu prayer flags at the Temple in the Sea. The temple is on a peninsula and is a beautiful place of worship. While here, we saw the end of a cremation and learned various things about Hinduism and the history of the temple.

TOBAGO!! Itzel and I are super lucky to spend a weekend in Tobago, and this is a snapshot of where we're staying. I may or may not have drooled a bit when I saw this... no shame.

This is the Dattatreya Temple in Couva. It was built by hand by immigrants from India. While here we saw more construction taking place, so it'll be interesting to see what is being built.

Finally, I thought it would be cool to show you guys one type of house in Trinidad. This house holds different families on different floors. My uncle and his family stay on the top floor, and another family resides on the first floor. I love the color of the house, and maybe i'll post more pictures later to show everyone the vast array of different colors of the houses here, they're beautiful.


Well, that's all for now! I hope everyone is enjoying their summer. Until next time!

-Chloe 

No comments:

Post a Comment