Wednesday, August 7, 2013

The Time Has Come


Goodbye Uganda. Thank you for all that you have taught me. I have never had an experience like this. Visiting you was life changing, eye opening, and awe-inspiring. I have had a wonderful time meeting your people and seeing the beauty of your land. It has been great having Susie, John, Justin, and Amanda as my companions on this journey, and I hope that I have the opportunity to join them again to visit you. My departure has been bittersweet, but I will always keep the lessons that I have learned from you with me throughout my life. Thank you for the adventure, but it has come to the point of saying farewell. Thus, farewell Uganda and all that you encompass. I may not be with you physically, but hopefully we will still have a connection spiritually and mentally. You will be missed.

Our last field visit with the Kizinda Farmers Group at the Ishaka Health Plan

The wonderful cake that our co-workers surprised us with at the farewell dinner that the Ishaka Health Plan coordinated for us

All of us reunited again on the Nile River for our last few days in Uganda

The beauty of Uganda, sunset over the Nile River

 Justin, Susie, John, and I in the Amsterdam before we split to go on different flights or into the city
Farewell my friends.

This journey has been everything that I imagined it was going to be and more. I can only thank God, MHIRT, and my friends for giving me the opportunity for going to this beautiful country and allowing me to broaden my knowledge of the world and who I am as an individual.

Goodbye Uganda. Until we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment