Sunday, July 6, 2014

Eu quero um McFrango, por favor.

Everything in the big city is still going well! I'm hoping to have many more adventures to come in the following weeks to add to this limited collection of pictures I already have. Here are a few that I'd like to share with you all today.
I'll start here. I already talked about the ups and downs of living in the hostel. Well, this picture shows one of the things I do appreciate about where I live. I enjoy waking up, opening my window and taking in this beautiful view of the city from my room every morning. 

This is a picture from one of the few explorations we have done as a full group in the city. This is in an area of the city called Luz, and we enjoyed many sites at the modern art museum we went to here. Figuring out the metro system on the way here made this a very full day.
Okay, so, I have to admit: I LOVE to party, and this city's night life has been amazing so far. I've enjoyed every night I've gone out to clubs and bars here, and unlike in the United States, it is very common for me to not get back to the hostel until around 6 or 7 in the morning. Crazy, right?!

Yes, we've been eating here. Although the first few weeks I had absolutely no appetite, lately I have been making a bigger effort to try out the local cuisine. In the picture above we are stuffing our faces with a famous sandwich from Mercado Municipal here. This specific sandwich is called a Mortadela. It doesn't look like anything special, I know, but it was very good!

We've met a tone of friendly people at the hostel, and these particular new amigos play their guitars and sing up there pretty much every day. We joined them up on the top level of the hostel for the first time for a mid-day jam session, and it was a really nice experience. They sing a lot of well known American songs, so it was quite easy for us to join in! This is also a very nice view of the city.

 Lastly, my venturing on Paulista with my good Brazilian friend Herrison led me to meet many interesting characters in the street. This meeting was possibly my favorite of them all. I got to meet Brazilian spider-man! What can be cooler than that?!


You may have noticed that my title for this blog post maintains the chicken theme I started with in the first blog post. Well, this one has a much more simple explanation. I decided to do a little test on the Brazilian McDonald's workers by ordering a "McFrango" instead of a "McChicken" to see the reaction it might elicit. Well, the look on the lady's face was indeed a priceless, confused look, and I believe she was so surprised by what I ordered that she did not even interpret what it was that I meant. The look on her face is one thing I very much wish I had a picture of to show you. However, you will instead just have to use your imaginations on this one.

Até logo!

No comments:

Post a Comment