Friday, July 25, 2014

E Quase Tempo para Embora

I can`t believe that it is almost time to leave this country. It has been a great time and I have met so many people that I will be sad to leave. I am fortunate that I will be able to communicate with them from Whatsapp and Facebook. We have also come to the end of our research and it appears that we are going to have good results from this as well. I have made so many memories here that will last a lifetime! And I will miss Belem dearly.

Recently, I tried a cake of amendoim (peanut)! It was very good!


They have many desserts here. What I found very interesting is that they have a bolo de milho that is very similar to southern cornbread.

On Wednesday, I went to the Estacao das docas to listen to music. They played music for the children which was suprisingly very good. Then, there was a hip hop band called Chronistas da rua. I thought their music was very catchy. The last type of music that they had was Carimbo. Carimbo is the music that I heard for the first time at the arraial de pavulagem. The party at the estacao was very fun! There were so many people and everyone was dancing! There was an added bonus because it was my friend's birthday. We surprised her with a cake!



Well, I believe I have come to the end of this post as we are about to embark on a journey to Algodoal. Algodoal is an island which is a part of the state of Para. It is about 2 hours from Belem by car. I expect it to be a great time!


No comments:

Post a Comment