Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Pictures for the words I cannot find

I just want to start this post by saying that I still haven't found the words to adequately describe my experience in this country over the last 8 weeks. In my final week here, I find myself wondering how it all happened so fast. I worked with an amazing group of people from my internship team to the community members, and it has definitely been an unforgettable experience.
My favorite activity with the youth: Spider Web activity to reflect on what each of us gained from our time together

Youth leaders with their certificates after completing the Big Decisions course that we taught
Youth presenting what they learned in the course to their community

The amazing family that hosted around 20 people for two weeks, helped make every meal for us, and did so with so much love and grace. I'm eternally grateful.
Fresh baby calf that we got to meet during our time in the community

Back in the office working this week
But I'd say there's always time for a little monkey business
What I can say is that I have been inspired by the strength of individuals and communities to make meaningful and lasting change. I have learned that I will never be able to do enough to address health disparities around the world and in the U.S., but I resolve to never stop trying.





No comments:

Post a Comment