Monday, August 3, 2015

Wait, what?

I cannot believe how quickly the time has gone by! Yes, Floripa is a lot slower than the United States, but I'm amazed that 10 weeks have just zipped past me. When I first got to Brazil, I said "10 weeks? That's a long time!". At 5 weeks, I said "I still have 5 weeks". And NOW, I have 3 and a half days left. DAYS. WHAT?! That's just insane. Anyways, it's been a great 2 and a half months and I've had so many new experiences: sandboarding, stand up paddling, meeting people from all over the world, seeing sunsets and sunrises at the beach, working with rats...and that's only a FEW of my experiences in South America. 

Anyways, I of course cannot put up all 700+ pictures on this short blog, so I'll just give some highlights of what I've done in the past 10 weeks. 

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil!



















Christ the Redeemer. 
Sugarloaf Mountain. 
Santa Teresa Steps. 
Rio Scenarium (one of the top 10 bars in the world). 
Futbal game in the World Cup Stadium.
Planetarium.
International Brain Research Conference. 
July Festival. 
Copacabana Beach. 
Cable Cars. 
Stand Up Paddle Boarding. 
Municipal Theater.

Buenos Aires, Argentina!



















Opera in Teatro Colón (one of the most BEAUTIFUL theaters).
Caminito (a beautiful, colorful neighborhood with tango). 
Mate. Mate. Mate. 
Chivoto. 
Recoleta Cemetery. 
The Pink House. 
The Obelisk. 
The National Congress. 
Cathedrals. 
Zoo. 
Flora Genérica. 

Montevideo, Uruguay!



















Strolls. 
Pocitos. 
Chivoto. 
Plaza Independencia.
Hipsters.
Ferry boats to Uruguay. #FOB
Slow Time.

Florianopolis, Brazil!















Praia Mole.
Praia de Joaquina.
Praia Gahleta. 
Jurere. 
Campeche.
Sandboarding.
Beautiful island life.
Lagoa Concenciao. 
Centro.
Pao de Quiejo. 
Churrasco. 
Sunrises.
Sunsets.

Padua Research Lab!



















Wistar Rats.
Classical Conditioning.
Injections.
Drug Trials.
Lab Coats and Gloves.
Shoe covers.
Behavior.
Neuroscience.
Brain Research.
MHIRT.
NIH.

No comments:

Post a Comment