Friday, August 1, 2014

Almost time to return home!

Its funny how, in this journey of life, even though we may begin at different times and places, our paths cross with others so that we may share our love, compassion, observations, and hope. This is a design of God that I appreciate and cherish” – Steve Maraboli

Wow! What a lesson of life this trip has been! I find myself deeply moved by the friendships I have forged, the places I have seen, the events I have witnessed, and the love that will forever warm my heart for a country that is not my own, but seems to remind me at every turn of what it feels like to belong exactly where you are. I began this journey very sad to leave the United States, and I find it ironic that I am experiencing the same feelings as I prepare to leave Brazil. As if a part of me will always be here in Belém, waiting to join with the rest of me! I am especially grateful to Phillip (MHIRT 2013), because he made it possible for me to attach myself to some of the most wonderful and caring people I have ever met! As I progress into the next stage of my life, I shall carry these memories with me, until I return again. This journey was so much more than I expected, and everything I would have wanted it to be!

From the laboratories at Universidade do Federal do Pará (UFPA) to the beautiful beaches of Mosqueiro, I will miss you! Coxinha de frango and açaí, you have my heart! I never imagined in all my years that an almost 10-year break from education would lead me here! I have learned so much about Brazilian culture, and even more about my own existence. I have been truly fortunate to have a second chance to make the most of this thing called life, and I will cherish every future opportunity to learn more about others and myself.

Até logo!

-Felecia


Though nobody can go back and make a new beginning, anyone can start over and make a new ending.” – Chico Xavier

No comments:

Post a Comment